Week 2 @ Green Valley

Since starting a month ago, the only days that are structured the same are Monday and Tuesday because I take those days to scout blueberry fields and complete reports. An interesting finding this week was in one of the fields I ended up catching well over 100 cranberry fruit moths. Which is well above my average of 3-5 in most fields. I also found a few Leafroller larvae. So the farmers will begin to spray for those shortly once the GDD reach a certain point. Last week, I marked a few blueberry bushes that had botrytis blight to see how far it would advance in 7 days. Before, the blight was only affecting the tips of the stems, but now it has migrated halfway down some of the stems.

The remainder of the week I scouted several corn fields for weed pressure to determine when the fields need to be sprayed. I also rode around with the sales rep to meet with farmers and I made a few deliveries. Next week I get to help with test plots so I’m excited about that since I’ve never done that before. All in all things have been going smoothly over here at GVA.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s